We love this recipe! And it’s Bhindi Season somewhere in the world!
Let’s talk about the Stuffed Bhindi flavors and taste first. This Punjabi Style Bharivi Bhindi ki Subzi is by far one of our favorite ways to make Bhindi. First of all, we do not have to deal with any of the sliminess that is associated with Ladies Fingers and then the fact that by stuffing the Okra with all those spices, each and every bhindi that we bite into is guaranteed to be packed with flavor! It can look a bit tedious stuffing each and every Okra but it goes by quick and it is so worth the effort. Those yummy pieces of Okra with the crunchy (do not overcook them) Onions…absolutely divine!
Now let’s talk about the use of Air Fryer for this particular recipe. Okra tends to need a lot of Oil for cooking, but with this recipe and the Air Fryer, we used only 1 Tablespoon and 1 Teaspoon and that’s it! Besides the health benefits, the Air Fryer also cuts down time and the babying of Bhindi, while cooking. Having said that, you do not need to run out and buy an Air Fryer if you do not own one – this recipe can be easily be made in a skillet on the stove-top or microwave or oven!
Want some tips on how to buy Okra for this Recipe? Scroll to the bottom of the Recipe.
Scroll to the bottom for video
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 (as a side-dish) 2 (main dish)
Bhindi – 1/2 lb
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor) – 1 tbsp
Coriander (Dhaniya) Powder – 1 Tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Cumin (Jeera) Powder – 1/2 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Sugar – 1/4 tsp to taste (optional)
Small Onion – 1/2
Oil – 1 tsp
1. Wash and pat dry Okra.
2. Slit one side to split open – careful not to slit all the way.
3. Mix all the dry masalas (spices) and stuff in the Okra.
4. Keep aside the leftover spice mix for Onions.
5. Pour 1 Tbsp of Oil over the Okra and coat gently.
6. Preheat Air Fryer at 370 degrees for 3 minutes.
7. Once ready, place stuffed okra in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Open and mix gently and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, slice the Onions, open them and mix into the balance of the spice mix and 1 tsp of Oil. Mix well.
10. Once Okra is done, add a layer of the Onions over the Okra and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Take out the Air Fryer basket, and gently toss the Onions and Bhindi.
12. Place back in the Air Fryer, increase the heat temperature to 400 and cook for 2 min.
13. Take out the basket and transfer to serving dish and serve immediately.
14. Serve hot with roti or chapati.
1. Pick green and thin Okra as opposed to fat and yellowing ones.
2. Pick similar lengths so they cook evenly.
3. Avoid Okra that has brown or dry tips or tips.
4. If you can see the seeds bulging or protruding out, avoid them.
5. It is very VERY important to wash and dry the Okra before cooking.
6. It can easily be made in a skillet on the stove-top.
7. It can also be made in the microwave. Please check out this video for timing:
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
ShowMeTheCurry on Facebook
ShowMeTheCurry on Twitter
ShowMeTheCurry on Instagram
ShowMeTheCurry on Pinterest
#StuffedBhindi #StuffedOkra #BharihuiBhindi #BhariwiBhindi #BhariviBhindi
How to make Stuffed Bhindi, stuffed bhindi punjabi style, north indian style bhindi, bharwa bhindi, spices stuffed in okra, best stuffed bhindi ever
One thought on “Air Fryer Stuffed Bhindi | Stuffed Okra ( Ladies’ Finger)”
I AM BEING WATCHING ALL UR STYLE OF SHOWING HOW TO COOK AND ALWAYS TRY TO COOK
I DISH ON WEEK END .