So when do you make this Egg Drop Curry?
Scenario 1: There is not a single vegetable in the house!
Scenario 2: There is not a single vegetable that you or your family wants to eat, in the house!
Scenario 3: You are too tired to cook!
Scenario 4: You don’t know what to cook!
Scenario 5: You ask everyone what they want to eat, and you get “anything…”!
Have you ever been in any of the above scenarios? Well, so have we all! This is exactly when this recipe comes to the rescue, and you take out the eggs and whip up that amazing dish and it’s quick to make and satisfies everyone’s “anything” desires! And if you are a vegetarian, don’t like eggs, substitute the eggs with Paneer, Tofu, Soy Nuggets, Vegetables…or any other protein of your choice. We love the ease and convenience of this Egg Drop Curry but it’s not just that, it takes care of the flavor department as well.
Enjoy this scrumptious Egg Drop Curry and kick back and enjoy life as well.
Scroll down for detailed video.
Prep Time: None
Cook Time: 25 mins
Eggs – 6
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Dry Red Chili – 1
Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – 1/2 tsp
Canned Diced Tomatoes – 14 oz
Ginger & Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
Fried Onions – 1/2 cup
Coriander Powder (Dhaniya) – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder) – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Salt – to taste
Water – 2 cups
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi) – 1 Tbsp, powdered
Cilantro (Dhaniya Patta) – chopped for garnishing
1. Heat Oil in a pot on medium heat.
2. Add Dried Red Chili (break into pieces), Cumin Seeds and Turmeric Powder. Mix.
3. Add Tomatoes and Ginger/Garlic Paste. Mix and Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add Fried Onions, mix, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder and Red Chili Powder. Mix and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add Water, Salt, Garam Masala and Dried Fenugreek Leaves. Mix, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Increase heat to high and allow mixture to come to a rolling boil.
8. Break and drop eggs next to each other into the boiling liquid. Do not mix.
9. Turn stove to low heat, cover and cook between 8-10 minutes according to your preference. Do not disturb eggs.
10. Garnish with Cilantro Leaves and serve.
1. Egg Substitutes – Paneer, Tofu, Potatoes, Mushrooms, Mixed Vegetables, Soy Nuggets.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
#eggdropcurry #eggcurry #ketocooking #lowcarbcooking #andacurry #andasubzi
emergency cooking, smart grocery shopping, cooking with pantry staples, easy egg drop curry recipe, Indian recipes, simple recipes for college students, bachelor recipes, smart strategies for cooking