Quinoa has been given the “Superfoods’ title for awhile and has been wearing the tiara like a true princess! It is a great addition to all the grains and seeds we eat to keep our carb count down and our protein intake high while still being a vegan or a vegetarian.
This wonderfully refreshing salad has all the properties of being addictive, it is beautiful to look at, smells great and the taste and flavors – whoa! they are something else. Enjoy this salad that will get all your senses singing and dancing right to the last bite.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Quinoa – 1/2 cup (90 grams)
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Water – 1 cup
Lime Juice – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Green Onions – 1/4 cup (sliced)
Tomatoes – 1/4 cup (cubed)
Cucumber – 1/4 cup (cubed)
Yellow Bell Peppers – 1/4 cup (cubed)
Red Bell Peppers – 1/4 cup (cubed)
Green Chili – to taste, cut & optional
Cilantro – few sprigs, chopped
Mint Leaves – few, chiffonade
Lime Juice – 1/2 teaspoon
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – a dash
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – 1 to 2 Tablespoons
1. Wash and rinse the Quinoa very well.
2. In a saucepan, on medium flame, heat 1 teaspoon of Oil.
3. Once hot, add in the rinsed Quinoa and mix.
4. Toast the Quinoa while mixing for a couple of minutes.
5. Add in Water, Lime Juice and Salt.
6. Increase the flame and allow the liquid to come to a boil.
7. Once it does start coming to a boil, reduce flame to a simmer, cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat, open the lid, mix the Quinoa and allow it to cool down.
9. Meanwhile, prep all the vegetables and herbs.
10. Once the Quinoa has cooled down, transfer to a mixing bowl.
11. Mix in Vegetables, Herbs, Lime Juice, Roasted Cumin Powder, Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. Mix.
12. Do a taste test and adjust anything else needed.
13. Cover and refrigerate for a bit and it’s ready to serve.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
#QuinoaSalad #HealthySalad #VeganRecipe
how to make a delicious salad, cold quinoa salad, quick and easy salad, easy lunch, lunch box recipes, picnic lunch,