Shrimp is one of the easiest seafood items to cook in terms of cooking time. Combine that with a flavorful curry and you have an amazing meal option. Try this Shrimp (Prawn) Curry recipe made with toasted sesame seeds, peanuts and coconut. Its a flavor combination that will tantalize your taste buds.
Scroll down for detailed video recipe.
Peeled and Deveined Shrimp – 1 lb (31-40)
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon/Lime Juice – 1 tsp
Combine all the above ingredients and marinate Shrimp for 10-15 minutes.
Coconut Oil – 2 Tbsp
Sesame Seeds – 2 Tbsp
Crushed Peanuts – 2 Tbsp
Dry Shredded Coconut – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1/2 medium, sliced
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, chopped
Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
Coconut Oil – 2 Tbsp
Kashmiri Chili Powder – 1 Tbsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Water – as needed to make desired curry consistency
Green Chilies – to taste, slit
Salt – to taste
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Cilantro – for garnishing
1. Heat Coconut Oil in a pan on medium heat and add Sesame Seeds and Peanuts.
2 When Sesame Seeds start to pop, add Coconut and toast until light brown.
3. Add Onion, a little Salt and Garlic and continue to cook until light golden.
4. Add Tomatoes and cook until soft.
5. Grind all the above into a smooth paste, adding a little water to help grind.
6. Heat Coconut Oil in the same pan on medium heat.
7. Add Kashmiri Chili Powder and immediately the ground masala paste. Mix well.
8. Add Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder and Red Chili Powder. Mix well and cook until oil separates.
9. Add marinated Shrimp and mix well but gently to coat the masala (approx 2 mins).
10. Add a little water as needed for desired consistency. Mix well.
11. Add Green Chilies and cook for 4-5 minutes (do not overcook shrimp). Adjust Salt.
12. Add Garam Masala, mix well.
13. Garnish with chopped Cilantro.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
ShowMeTheCurry on Facebook
ShowMeTheCurry on Twitter
ShowMeTheCurry on Instagram
ShowMeTheCurry on Pinterest
How to make shrimp curry, Indian style prawn curry recipe, Indian seafood recipes, seafood curries, low carb, keto.
3 thoughts on “Shrimp Curry | Prawn Curry”
hey anuja i always liked your recipes with chicken and mutton . keep it up
Y’all I love your recipes. I grew up in Singapore and my BFF is Indian. This looks amazing but I miss you guys chit chatting while you’re cooking. You may not realize but you’re often adding extra tips.
Thank you so much for your sweet message – we enjoy filming together too.
Enjoy the shrimp curry and Happy Cooking!