These Roasted Masala Cashews are the perfect pairing with drinks, for a party or you are in a mood for something special! We love how you can customize them with your favorite salt and spices and get really, really creative with it. We usually make a big batch and store them and then it’s just grab-and-go with these delicious munchies.
Scroll to the bottom for video
Cashews – 2 cups
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Citric Acid – 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chili Flakes – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Butter – 2 Tablespoons
1. Add in the Salt, Citric Acid and Red Chili Flakes into a mortar and grind coarsely with the pestle.
2. In a skillet, melt the Butter on low-medium heat.
3. Add the Cashews to the skillet.
4. Mix and keep stirring till the Cashews change color to a light golden.
4. Turn off the flame and add in the spices.
5. Mix in the spices well and transfer the Cashews to another bowl.
6. Allow the Cashews to cool down completely before serving or storing them.
1. Add in Black Pepper Powder or other spices to change up the taste and flavors.
2. Allow the Cashews to cool down completely to get the crunch back.
3. Store in a clean jar in the pantry.
4. We have used unroasted Cashews, you can use roasted, salted Cashews – reduce the salt and the amount of cooking time.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
ShowMeTheCurry on Facebook
ShowMeTheCurry on Twitter
ShowMeTheCurry on Instagram
ShowMeTheCurry on Pinterest
How to make chatpate cashews, chatpate kaju, spicy kaju, kaju with drinks, kaju as appetizer , masaledar kaju, masaledar cashews, how to make indian style kaju, how to make desi kaju, how to spice kaju at home recipe
4 thoughts on “Roasted Masala Cashews | Perfect Snack Anytime of the Day”
can u suggest a substitute for citric acid plsss.thank you.
Citric acid gives the tart flavor without the moisture and that is important for these cashews. You can try adding amchur powder – it won’t be the same but similar.
Happy Cooking ?
I think this recipe’s method needs a little bit of a re-read for it’s sensibility. ie add allspices to mortar? There is only one spice — red pepper. Cook cashews until turning golden? When did they get added?
Thanks for the heads up, it’s been fixed.