Some pickles do not require weeks of prep work and we love those kinds. The big plus point of making pickles at home is that we know exactly what ingredients go into making the pickle and for a lot of people, we can control the heat and the salt. I love that we can use seasonal vegetables and showcase them. Needless to say, they are fresh and I love they fact that this one still retains the crunch. Here is a great recipe shared with us by Kinnari. This Tindora Pickle has everything going for it…the taste, the color, the ease of making it! In short, it has stolen our hearts:-)
Just watch the video and you’ll be drooling as well…
Tindora – 3/4 lb (350g)
Salt – to taste
White Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Pickle Masala – 3 Tbsp or to taste
1. Wash and wipe the Tindora before cutting it.
2. Put the cut Tindora in a bowl and add in the White Vinegar and Salt. Mix well.
3. Cover and leave set aside for 1-2 hours.
4. Uncover and add in the Pickle Masala, mix and make sure the Tindora is well coated.
5. Add in the Oil and mix again.
6. Transfer to a bottle or a jar and store in the fridge upto 10 days.
1. Use a clean, dry bottle or a jar to store the pickle.
2. A great way to make sure that the bottle/jar is dry is to use a hair dryer and blow into it for a couple of minutes.
3. Change the vegetable or add in a few others for a wonderful variation.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make fresh vegetable pickle,