Eggs cook so easy and fast! And Egg Keema or Ande (Egg) ka Keema, is one of our go-to dishes when there is not a whole lot in the fridge or when we need something quick and nutritious. This particular dish is so quick to make as we have used a shortcuts and can be on your plates in under 30 minutes! We always keep some Fried Onions, canned Tomatoes and Ginger and Garlic Paste for emergencies and those are just for quick and jhat-pat meals! Enjoy this with Rotis, Naans, Parathas or over toast!
Scroll to the bottom to watch the video
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Eggs – 6
Fried Onions – 1/2 cup
Diced or Crushed Tomatoes – 3/4th cup
Oil – 2 Tablespoons
Bay Leaf – 1
Cinnamon – 1′ pc.
Black Cardamom – 1
Green Cardamoms – 2
Cloves – 2
Ginger & Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Green Chili – to taste, finely chopped
Kasoori Methi – 1 Tablespoon
Salt – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Water – 1 cup
Green Peas – 1 cup
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Cilantro – few sprigs
1. Hard boil the Eggs.
2. Peel the Eggs and separate the whites and the yolks.
3. Grate the Egg Whites. Keep aside.
4. Blend the Fried Onions and Tomatoes. Keep aside.
5. In a skillet, heat Oil on medium flame.
6. Once hot, add in the whole spices – Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, Black Cardamom, Green Cardamom & Cloves.
7. Add in the blended Onions and Tomatoes.
8. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add in the Ginger and Garlic Paste, Green Chillies and Kasuri Methi.
10. Cook for 2-3 minutes or till the Oil separates.
11. Add in dry spices – Salt, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Red Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder. Mix.
12. Add in the Yolks and mash them into the Masala with the help of the back of the spatula.
13. Add in Water and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
14. Add in the grated Egg Whites. Mix.
15. Add in the Green Peas. Mix.
16. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 5 min. Stirring in between.
17. Sprinkle Garam Masala and Mix.
18. Garnish with Chopped Cilantro and serve.
1. Keep in mind that the dish does thicken over time as the Egg Yolks tend to absorb moisture.
#Andekakeema #EggKeema #EggKeemah
How to make easy Indian egg keema, anda keemah, ande ka keema, ande keema, egg s dish, grated egg dish, how to make quick and easy egg dish, pantry staple dish, egg curry