Chapli Kebabs are by far one of the easiest and the tastiest kebabs to make, so anyone that has a fear of making Kebabs, throw them right out of the window. These are super easy, with minimal work and a quick marination, and you can have these Chapli Kebabs on the table in no time! The Beef can easily be substituted for Chicken, Lamb or Turkey. These are perfect as appetizers or as a meal, infact, they are great as burgers in burger buns as well.
Scroll to the bottom for video
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marination: 30 minutes minimum
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: approximately 12 kebabs
Ground Beef – 1 lb
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Onions – 1/2 medium, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 Tablespoon, minced
Garlic – 1 Tablespoon, minced
Green Chili – to taste, minced
Cilantro – 3-4 sprigs, finely chopped
Mint – 10-15 leaves, finely chopped
Ground Pomegranate Seeds / Anardana Powder – 1-2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
Red Chili Flakes – 1 tsp or to taste
Salt – to taste
Egg – 1
Tomato – 1/2, finely chopped
Oil – for shallow frying
1. Dry roast Cumin and Coriander Seeds and allow them to cool.
2. Roughly crush them in a mortar and pestle or a grinder.
3. In a mixing bowl, add Ground Beef, Ground Cumin and Coriander Seeds, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chilies, Cilantro, Mint, Pomegranate Seeds Red Chili
Powder, Red Chili Flakes, Salt and Egg.
4. Mix well.
5. Cover and allow the meat to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
6. When ready to cook, do a little taste-test by cooking a little bit of meat to check for Salt, spices etc. Adjust accordingly.
7. Add in a Tomato and mix well.
8. Make patties.
9. In a flat skillet, heat enough Oil to shallow fry the kebabs on medium heat.
10. Once the Oil is hot, place the Kebabs gently into the Oil.
11. Cook the Kebabs for approximately 3 minutes on each side.
12. They should be golden brown on each side.
13. Remove and place on a paper towel and serve hot with a squeeze of Lime Juice.
14. Serve hot with Mint Chutney and some Naans.
1. You can make the Kebab Mixture ahead and freeze it for later use.
2. You can cook the kebabs and then freeze as well, just defrost and reheat with minimal Oil.
3. If they are too soft, add a bit of All Purpose Flour / Maida.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make Beef Chapli Kebabs, Easy Beef Chapli Kebabs, Easy Iftaar Foods, Simple and delicious kebabs, Ground Beef Kebabs, Easy Pakistani Kebabs