Who’s ready to welcome Cinco de Mayo with a bang? Or, should we say “Pop”? Jalapeno Poppers just may be the answer to the question, “What am I having with this margarita”? Try this easy Air Fryer recipe for cheese stuffed jalapeno poppers. Bacon fan? Try the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers! Ole! No Air Fryer? No worries, scroll to the tips to see baking options.
Scroll down for detailed video recipe.
Jalapeño – 6
Cream Cheese – 3 oz., softened
Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese – 1/2 cup
Tajin (or Chaat Masala) – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Black Pepper Powder – to taste
Red Chili Flakes – to taste
Panko (or any other Bread Crumbs) – 1/2 cup
Bacon slices – 2 per Jalapeño (Pork or Turkey) optional
1. Wash and wipe down the Jalapeños.
2. Trim the stem tops and slit them through the center.
3. Carefully, with a paring knife, remove the seeds and membrane and clean the insides of the Jalapeños.
4. In a bowl, mix the Cream Cheese, Mexican Blend Cheese, Tajin, Salt, Black Pepper Powder and Red Chili Flakes.
5. Mix well.
6. Fill the Jalapeño cavities with the Cream Cheese Mix.
7. Pour the Panko Bread Crumbs in a flat plate and dip the Jalapeños (Cream Cheese side down) into them.
8. Press firmly, but gently.
9. Preheat Air Fryer for a couple of minutes.
10. Arrange the Jalapenos in the air fryer basket and cook until light golden.
11. Wrap the Jalapeño in the Bacon and secure with a toothpick.
12. Arrange in the Airfryer tray till cooked.
13. Remove toothpick prior to serving.
1. No Air Fryer, no worries. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-12 min for regular Jalapeño Poppers and 13-15 minutes for Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make jalapeno poppers without deep frying, Cinco de Mayo appetizer recipe, air fryer recipes, appetizer for mexican themed party, easy appetizer recipes, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, cream cheese.