Sol Kadi is a refreshing Konkani drink with a light coconut base and a hint of kokum. I first had it in Goa quite a few years ago and just fell in love with it. Once you try it, we are sure you’ll be hooked to this unique Indian drink recipe.
Black Wet Kokum – 4-5 pcs
Hot Water – 1 cup
Coconut Milk – 6 oz (approx)
Green Chili – to taste, minced
Asafoetida – 1/2 pinch
Salt – to taste
Cilantro Leaves – for garnish
1. Soak the Kokum in the hot water for about an hour.
2. Grind it in a blender (optional)
3. Strain and pour out in a jug.
4. Add in the Asafoetida and the minced Green Chili. Mix.
5. Add in the Coconut Milk and Salt.
6. Garnish with Cilantro leaves.
1. Sol Kadi or Kadhi can be had chilled (as a drink) or at room temperature (with rice).