The “guys” decided that they should teach us on how we should work on our Show Me The Curry videos! What better way to tell us than “show” us how it’s supposed to be done! Hetal and I sat back and watched the drama and the action unfold…and we both have to admit that they did a really good job 🙂 Having said that, don’t worry, we are not changing our style!
Enjoy this video and learn a trick or two about grilling and summer parties 🙂 What we loved the best, we got a great meal out of it 😉
Portabella Mushrooms or Rib eye Steaks
Prep Time: 10 min
Marination Time: 2-3 hours
Cook Time: 6-8 min
Serves – 2
Black Peppercorns – 1 tbsp
Minced Garlic – 2 tbsp
Paprika – 1 tsp
Spicy Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp
Crushed Pepper Flakes – to taste
Kosher or Sea Salt – to taste
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Olive Oil – for brushing, as needed
Ribeye Steak – 1 lb pc, cut to half horizontally
Portabella Mushroom – 2 pcs.
1. Use a mortar and Pestle and rough crush the Black Pepper corns and the Garlic
2. Transfer to a bowl and add in the Paprika and the Dijon Mustard.
3. Add in Salt and all other optional spices.
4. Mix well.
5. Take the Meat or the Mushroom and coat it with Olive Oil.
6. Smear the Dry Rub on both sides.
7. Wrap in some Plastic warp, and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
8. After the marination time, get you grill ready, spray some cooking oil on the grill so the food does not stick.
9. Pre-heated and allow the temperature to rise to 250-300 degrees F.
10. Once it’s nice and smoking, take out the mushroom or the meat out of the wrapper and place on the grill.
11. For the Mushrooms, place the gill side up first so that the juices don’t drain out.
12. Cook on a closed grill.
13. For the meat – cook 6 min total (3 on each side for rare-medium steak) and 8 min (4 min on each side) for medium-well steak.
14. For Mushroom, it depends on the thickness – 8-10 min (4-5 min on each side)
15. Once done, take the Mushrooms and the Steaks off the grill and allow them to rest for just a minute or 2 and serve.
Prep Time: 5 min
Chill Time: 30 min, minimum
Serves – 2
Coleslaw Mix – 14 oz pkg
Greek Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Fresh Grapes – 1/2 cup
1. In a bowl, mix – Yogurt, Soy Sauce, Garlic Powder, Salt, Sugar and Lemon Juice.
2. Mix well and add in the Coleslaw Mix. and mix again till the sauce has coated the salad.
3. Add in the fresh grapes and mix again.
4. Cover and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes.
5. Serve chilled.
1. Blend some Watermelon with a little bit of Ice and keep aside.
2. In a shaker, add some crushed Ice, dash of Vodka, dash of Lemon Juice, Watermelon Juice and shake.
3. Pour into martini glasses.
4. Garnish with melon balls or mint and serve.
1. To make the non-alcoholic version, skip the vodka.