Panna is a refreshing Raw Mango Drink that is just perfect to beat the summer heat. It has a wonderful balance of flavors – sweet, sour and savory. Try this recipe for an amazing alternative to boring sodas.
Raw Green Mango – 1 large
Water – 4 cups
Green Chili – 1 or to taste
Mint Leaves – handful
Jaggery – 1 Tbsp or to taste
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Peel Mango and cut into big pieces. Reserve few peels for flavoring.
2. Add Mango, few peels and Water to pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles and switch off stove.
3. Once pressure is gone, open lid, remove peels and stir in Jaggery to dissolve.
4. Allow mangos and water to cool until luke warm.
5. Roughly chop Mint Leaves and Green Chili and grind to a paste in a small grinder.
6. Once the mangos have cooled, grind them in a blender to a smooth paste.
7. Add in Mint/Chili Paste, Chaat Masala, Roasted Cumin Powder and Salt. Blend once again to mix all the ingredients well.
8. Chill Panna in the refrigerator before serving.
9. Serves 4-5
10 thoughts on “How to make Panna (Raw Mango Drink) – Indian Food Recipes”
Isn’t panna supposed to be like a concentrate??
Thanks Anuja and Hetal,
I would be trying this out today. You guys are just great. I have been trying many stuff from your website these days and believe me it turns to be an instant hit:)…Hats off to you both!!!
i love u guys for the way u cook n how u know just everything…..i have become i regular of yr website now…thank u so much…keep going
btw are u guys not in india
I like to know what blender are you using? I am having hard time finding a good blender here in North America for Indian cooking.
FYI, u said that the panna is also called a gurmba. That is incorrect. Gurmba is very different
Your recipies are awesome.They really help beginners like me!I’m going to try this as its one of my favs.Plse keep adding more!Just wanted to know if I have to make the Panna in larger quantities can I just double all the ingredients as mentioned here?
You could double all the ingredients provided that you have a pressure cooker that is big enough to safely fit all the additional water. If not, you can just double the mango and increase the water just a bit. You can later thin it down with additional water.
made this myself,superp,fantastic,mindblowing,history!!
Awesome recipe. i will try this.