Panna is a refreshing Raw Mango Drink that is just perfect to beat the summer heat. It has a wonderful balance of flavors – sweet, sour and savory. Try this recipe for an amazing alternative to boring sodas.
Raw Green Mango – 1 large
Water – 4 cups
Green Chili – 1 or to taste
Mint Leaves – handful
Jaggery – 1 Tbsp or to taste
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Peel Mango and cut into big pieces. Reserve few peels for flavoring.
2. Add Mango, few peels and Water to pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles and switch off stove.
3. Once pressure is gone, open lid, remove peels and stir in Jaggery to dissolve.
4. Allow mangos and water to cool until luke warm.
5. Roughly chop Mint Leaves and Green Chili and grind to a paste in a small grinder.
6. Once the mangos have cooled, grind them in a blender to a smooth paste.
7. Add in Mint/Chili Paste, Chaat Masala, Roasted Cumin Powder and Salt. Blend once again to mix all the ingredients well.
8. Chill Panna in the refrigerator before serving.
9. Serves 4-5