Cucumber and Mint both spell “Summer”, “Refreshing”, “Cool”! This wonderful Cold Soup is a great alternative to the warm, hot soup that we are more familiar with. Try this awesome, simple yet cool soup over the summer for a party or better yet, a barbecue! For garnish add a sprig of fresh Mint and a slice of Cucumber and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Chill Time: 1 hour
Mint – a handful of leaves
Oil – 1 tsp
Onion – 1/2, med. chopped
Jalapenos – to taste, chopped
Garlic – 3, chopped
Stock/Broth – 3 cups
Sour Cream (or Hung Yogurt) – 1/2 cup or to taste
Salt – to taste
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – to taste
1. Wash and peel the Cucumbers.
2. De-seed and roughly chop them
3. In a skillet, heat the Oil.
4. Once hot, add in the Onions and Jalapenos and saute for a couple of minutes.
5. Add Garlic and cook till light golden in color.
6. Transfer them into another dish to allow them to cool down faster.
7. In a blender, add in the cooled Onions and Jalapenos, Cucumber, Mint Leaves and some Stock.
8. Puree it till smooth.
9. Add in the balance of the Stock and the Sour Cream or the Hung Yogurt and blend again.
10. Season with Salt, Black Pepper and the Cumin Powder and mix again.
11. Taste and adjust as needed.
12. Chill for an hour in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
1. Substitutes for Sour Cream –
-Hang 1 cup of Yogurt and allow it to reduce to 1/2 cup
-Use Greek Yogurt
2. Use Home-Made Stock, Link to our recipe: