Seasonal Pickles are just so amazing and we just love to make them and have them in the fridge at all times. This Mooli and Jalapeño Pickle is just one of our favs amongst all of them. We love the the crunch of the Radish (Muli) and the spice of the jalapeños. Being able to control the Salt and the Oil in our food is a big plus for us and knowing all the ingredients that go into making this pickle. Also, using seasonal vegetables to make this pickle just enhances the flavors and nutrients. Customize and personalize you pickles, it does not get any better than that!
Scroll to the bottom for video
Radish (Mooli) – 1 cup, cut to desired size
Sliced Jalapeños – 1 cup or to taste
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Turmeric (Haldi) – 1 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) – 1/4 teaspoon
Vinegar (Sirka) – 2 teaspoons
Lime Juice – 3 Tablespoons
Flattened Mustard Seeds (Rai Kuria) – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the Radish, Jalapeños, Salt, Turmeric and Asafoetida.
2. Mix well.
3. Add in the balance of the ingredients and mix again.
4. Transfer to a clean and dry bottle and leave on counter for 1-2 days.
5. Give the bottle a shake every time you happened to walk by.
6. After 2 days, it’s ready to eat.
7. Store the fridge.
1. If you’d like it less spicy, add more Radish and less Jalapeños.
2. If you’d like it spicier, add a few Thai Chilies or more Jalapeños.
3. Shelf life in the fridge is approximately 2-4 weeks.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
#FreshHomemadePickle #IndianPickle #MooliAchaar
How to make home made achaar, jhatpat achaar, fresh seasonal achaars, ghar ka achaar, mooli ka achaar, muli ka achar,