Who does not know about this famous Indian Street Food? Chaat is one the most loved street foods of India and of that, Pani Puri is the king! The burst of the flavors, literally and figuratively, of the Spiced Water in your mouth, is just indescribable! Now make it at home with the freshest of ingredients and purest of flavors. Here, we show you how to make the “teekha” pani and you pair it with some sweet and tangy Tamarind Chutney to balance the spice. Enjoy and yes, you are welcome!
Scroll to the bottom for video
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: at least 30 minutes
Makes: 4 cups
Mint Leaves – handful
Green Chilis – to taste
Ginger – 2″ piece
Chaat Masala – 1.5 teaspoons
Amchur (Dry Mango Powder) – 1/2 Tablespoon
Kala Namak (Black Salt) – 1/2 teaspoon
Hing (Asafoetida) – 1/8th teaspoon
Bhuna Pisa Jeera (Ground Roasted Cumin) – 1/2 teaspoon
Water – 1/4 cup + 4 cups
Juice of 1-2 Limes (depending on size of the Limes)
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
1. Roughly chop the Cilantro along with the stems.
2. Separate the Mint leaves from the stems and wash them.
3. Chop the Green Chilis and Ginger.
4. Grind all of the above in a blender with 1/4 cup Water.
5. Transfer into a large bowl.
6. Add in spices – Chaat Masala, Dry Mango Powder, Black Salt, Asafoetida, Ground Roasted Cumin. Mix well.
7. Add 4 cups of Water. Mix.
8. Squeeze Lime Juice. Mix.
9. Add Salt and do a taste-test. Careful not to oversalt as there is Salt in Chaat Masala and Kala Namak.
10. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
11. Optional step: Sieve and discard the fibrous portion left in the sieve.
12. Add Boondi (optional).
13. Serve chilled.
14. Served with Golguppas / Puchkas / Patashas / Puri, Sweet Tamarind Chutney & mixture of boiled Potatoes & Kala Channas.
Recipe Video to make Puris for Pani Puri:
Recipe Video to make Tamarind Chutney:
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
ShowMeTheCurry on Facebook
ShowMeTheCurry on Twitter
ShowMeTheCurry on Instagram
ShowMeTheCurry on Pinterest
#IndianStreetFoods #ChaatDishes #IndianChaat
How to make pani puri ka pani, golguppe ka pani, calcutta puchkas, indian street food chaat, how to make chaats, How to make Chaat
3 thoughts on “Pani Puri ka Pani | Golguppe ka Pani | Indian Street Food – Chaat Recipe”
Anuja, you are magnificent.keep it up.
It’s nice to see a recipe for Pani Water. I’ve not made pani puri, but I’ve made Dahi puri. I hope to try this one soon.
Pani Puri is the BEST! Get ready for a party in your mouth ?