Mangoes are coming in season and if you are looking for a great way to utilize their tropical goodness, try this delicious Ripe Mango Daal (Dal) recipe. With a balanced sweet and sour flavor, this delicious dal recipe will break the mundane daal cycle in your home.
Scroll down for detailed video recipe.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Toor Daal – 1 cup, washed and drained
Mangoes – 1 cup, peeled and cubed
Water – 3 cups plus more as needed
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Dry Red Chilies – 2 to 3
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Crushed Garlic – 1 Tbsp
Minced Ginger – 1 Tbsp
Lime/Lemon Juice – to taste
Cilantro – few sprigs, chopped for garnishing
1. In a pressure cooker, add Toor Daal, 2 1/2 cups Water and 1 tsp Salt.
2. In a small steel bowl (that will fit in the pressure cooker), add Mangoes and 1/2 cup Water.
3. Place the bowl with Mangoes inside, in the middle of the pressure cooker.
4. Pressure cook for 1 whistle, turn off the stove and allow the pressure to release naturally.
5. In a separate pan, heat 2 Tbsp Oil.
6. Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
7. Add Asafoetida, Curry Leaves, Dry Red Chilies, Turmeric Powder, Garlic & Ginger. Mix well and cook for 1-2 mins.
8. Add cooked Mangoes and Toor Daal. Mix well.
9. Add additional Water for desired consistency and adjust Salt. Allow Daal to come to a boil.
10. Add Lime/Lemon Juice to taste and garnish with chopped Cilantro Leaves before serving.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make dal, toor daal recipe, mango recipes, cooking with mangoes, vegetarian, vegan, Indian daals, tuvar.