Here is a super healthy Eggplant recipe that will have you craving for more. Simple is the perfect way to describe this no-frills dish made with just roasting eggplant and throwing very few ingredients that we always have on hand! What we love most about this recipe is that the simplicity of the dish allows the Eggplant to shine and it’s not overpowered by too many spices. If you love Eggplants, this one should not be missed. This recipe was shared with us by Minal and we just love it. Thankyou, Minal!
Prep time: 1 hr
Cook time: 10 min
Eggplant/Brinjal/Aubergine/Baingan – 1 lb (approx 500gm)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Asafoetida – 1/8th tsp (optional)
Onion – 1/2 large/1/2 lb (approx 250gm)
Garlic – 3-4 large cloves /1 tbsp
Green Chillies – to taste, finely chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Lime/ Lemon Juice – to taste
Cilantro – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F (approx 200 degrees C).
2. Line the baking pan with foil.
3. Coat the Eggplant with a little Oil and bake it for 1 hour.
4. Once out of the oven, allow it to cool down and trim off the stem portion.
5. Peel the skin off and transfer the flesh/meat to another bowl.
6. Roughly chop so that there it is not fibrous.
7. In a pan, heat Oil.
8. Add in Asafoetida(optional) and right after that add in the Onions, Garlic, Green Chillies and Turmeric Powder.
9. Add in some Salt, mix well and allow them it to cook till the Onions get a little translucent.
10. Add in the Eggplant and allow it to heat up all the way through.
11. Add in Lemon/Lime Juice and Cilantro. Mix well.
12. Serve hot with Chapatis or Parathas.