Tired of the same old breakfast/brunch recipes? Try this delicious Vegetable & Egg Casserole. It’s a great one pot meal and can be prepared the night before and baked in the morning – or when you need it. This Vegetable & Egg Casserole is one to keep in mind when you have overnight guests or family visiting for the holidays.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Eggs – 4 Large
Spinach – 1 cup packed, roughly chopped
Bell Pepper – 1/2 cup, diced
Mushrooms – 1 cup, sliced
Green Onions – 2 stalks, finely chopped
French Bread – cubed
Cheese – 1 1/2 cups, shredded
Salsa – 1 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Cilantro/Coriander – 5 sprigs, finely chopped
Salt/Pepper – to taste
Green Chilies – to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat a 2.75 – 3 quart baking dish with oil.
2. Layer Spinach, Mushrooms and Bell Pepper at the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Layer cubed French bread over the veggies.
4. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the bread and set aside.
5. In a bowl, add Eggs, Milk, Salt, Pepper and beat well.
6. Add to the egg mixture, Cilantro, Green Onions, Green Chilies and Salsa. Mix well.
7. Pour egg mixture evenly over the French bread.
8. Bake uncovered in the oven for 45 minutes.
9. Remove casserole and let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
10. Serve hot with additional salsa or pickled jalapenos.