Try something different,
try something new,
try Breakfast Burritos!
Contrary to the name of this dish, it can be enjoyed just as much for a snack, lunch or dinner!
Prep time: 15min
Cook time: 15 min
Serves: 2 (depending on the size of the tortilla)
Tortillas – 4, any variety and flavor
Potato – 1 large
Eggs – 2, optional
Milk – 1 tsp (optional)
Oil – 2 tsp, divided
Onion – 1/4, med. (finely chopped)
Cilantro/Coriander leaves – 5 sprigs (finely chopped)
Green Chillies – to taste (finely chopped)
Salt – to taste
Shredded Cheese – to taste
Black Pepper – to taste
Oil – for pan-frying
1. Peel the Potato and then shred (thick) it into a bowl of water and rinse and drain the potatoes.
2. Beat the eggs well and season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
3. Milk can be added to the eggs to make them fluffier (optional step).
4. In a skillet, heat Oil (1 tsp) on medium heat.
5. Once hot, add in the Eggs and scramble them.
6. Once cooked, take it off the flame.
7. Season the Potatoes with Salt and Pepper.
8. Add a little bit of Oil, mix well.
9. Add in a 1/4 cup of Water, cover and microwave for 3 minutes.
10. After 3 minutes, check and make sure the Potatoes are cooked.
11. Heat up a skillet on medium heat, drizzle a little bit of Oil.
12. Heat a Tortilla on it and allow it to get a few brown spot on one side.
13. Flip it to the other side after that.
14. Meanwhile, add in in a little Salt to the Onions and mix well.
15. Add in the Onions, Cilantro and the Green Chillies to the Potatoes and mix well.
16. Spread the shredded Cheese on half of the Tortilla.
17. Layer some of the Potato mix and then the scrambled eggs (optional)
18. Flip half of the Tortilla over and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes.
19. Flip again and cook for another couple of minutes or litt the cheese melts.
20. Cut and serve hot with Salsa.
1. Add some onions, green chilles and cilantro to the eggs for additional flavor.
2. Add different vegetables and to change the taste.
3. Use up your leftover vegetables!