Are you looking for that show stopper dessert for your next gathering? With the soothing flavors of Indian masala chai (masala tea) combined with the silky texture of cheesecake, this Masala Chai Eggless Cheesecake will not disappoint! No eggs, no gelatin and we used Agar Agar! The best part is that this is a no-bake recipe so forget about that oven. So what is Agar Agar? It is a Plant based product used in place of gelatin hence making it vegan and vegetarian.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Setting Time: 8 hours
Makes: 12 generous pieces
Cream Cheese – 24oz, at room temperature
Graham Crackers – 10-11 pieces, unflavored
Butter – 5 Tbsp, melted
Water – 1 cup
Agar Agar Powder – 1 tsp
Chai (Tea) Masala – 3 tsp
Tea – 3 heaping tsp
Condensed Milk – 1, 14oz can
1. Crush the Crackers to a fine powder.
2. Add melted Butter and mix well and ensure there are no dry spots.
3. In a lined 10 inch spring foam pan, pour in the mixture.
4. Even the mixture and pack it in really well with a help of the flat end of a spatula or a bowl.
5. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator and allow the crust to solidify.
6. In a saucepan, boil the Water.
7. Add in the Agar Agar Powder, stir and allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
8. Switch off the stove and add in the Tea Masala and the Tea.
9. Mix well and allow the flavors to infuse in the Water.
10. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Cream Cheese and the Condensed Milk with a hand blender.
11. Strain the Tea Masala and Tea liquid into the Cream Cheese bowl.
12. Mix well again and do the taste and adjust the Chai Masala if needed.
13. Transfer the Cream Cheese mixture to the pan with the Crust.
14. Spread the mixture evenly.
15. Cover with a foil and transfer back to the fridge for atleast 8 hours or overnight.
16. After the long, excruciating wait, take it out from the refrigerator
17. Unlock the latch on the pan and carefully remove the rim of the pan.
18. Cut the Cheese Cake and serve cold.
1. Don’t have loose tea, use 3 teabags instead.
2. We used Restore Chai Masala, check out their website: https://www.restoresimply.com