This Coconut Burfi Recipe is by far one of the easiest and yummiest burfis to make at home. It has very few ingredients and a great shelf life which makes it even more popular with us. We have so many festivals and are constantly looking for easy, shortcut recipes. It is also a favorite when as a hostess gift – try it next time.
We use Sukha Nariyal (Desiccated Coconut) which makes the whole process even quicker and the Sweetened Condensed Milk which cuts down the cooking time tremendously, and the hint of Elaichi (Cardamom) gives the Mithai an very authentic flavor.
Like we mentioned before, this Nariyal Mithai, has a great shelflife, so make a big batch and keep it in the fridge for days when you have a craving for something sweet!
Scroll to the bottom for video
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Setting Time: 60 minutes
Pieces: 30-40, depending on thickness
Desiccated Coconut – 4 cups (400 g), dry, finely shredded
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 14 oz can (400 g)
Green Cardamom Seeds – 1/4 tsp or ½ tsp, powdered
Sliced Almonds – 2 Tablespoons (optional)
Oil, Butter or Ghee – ½ tsp
1. Pound the Cardamom Seeds to a fine powder in a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
2. In a skillet on low heat, toast the Almonds to a light golden color.
3. Transfer to bowl and keep aside.
4. In a non-stick pan, on Medium heat, roast Coconut until you get a nice aroma. Do not brown.
5. Add in Sweetened Condensed Milk and Cardamom.
6. Mix well and continue to cook and stir until the ingredients clump together (approximately 2 to 3 minutes).
7. Turn off the heat
8. Lightly smear bottom of a flat baking sheet with Butter or Ghee or use parchment paper for easy clean up.
9. Transfer coconut mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it evenly.
10. Press down the Coconut mixture and even it out.
11. Press down the Sliced Almonds, for decoration, if you choose to.
12. Refrigerate for about an hour.
13. Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares or diamond shapes.
14. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
1. Refrigerating the Burfi makes it easier to cut.
2. Burfi tastes the best at room temperature.
3. Grease a knife on both sides to make it easy to cut the bufi.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
#CoconutBurfi #NariyalMithai #IndianSweets #SouthAsianDesserts
How to make mithai with coconut, Easy Mithai to make at home, Homemade mithai, festivals, pooja, puja, desert, dessert, barfi, holi, diwali, rakhee, raksha bandhan, South asian dessert, pakistani mithai, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh,