As we face the possible/probable crisis situation created by the Coronavirus and COVID-19, we have to look at ways to keep calm and act accordingly, especially in our kitchens. Irrational shopping and hoarding is not the answer in these stressful times. Be smart and learn to make the adjustments that will allow you to cook and feed your family with ease. Also try out this super simple Egg Drop Curry recipe that you can make with just a few key ingredients.
Scroll down for detailed video.
Prep Time: None
Cook Time: 25 mins
Eggs – 6
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Dry Red Chili – 1
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Canned Diced Tomatoes – 14 oz
Ginger/Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
Fried Onions – 1/2 cup
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Salt – to taste
Water – 2 cups
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Dried Fenugreek Leaves – 1 Tbsp, powdered
Cilantro – chopped for garnishing
1. Heat Oil in a pot on medium heat.
2. Add Dried Red Chili (break into pieces), Cumin Seeds and Turmeric Powder. Mix.
3. Add Tomatoes and Ginger/Garlic Paste. Mix and Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add Fried Onions, mix, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder and Red Chili Powder. Mix and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add Water, Salt, Garam Masala and Dried Fenugreek Leaves. Mix, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Increase heat to high and allow mixture to come to a rolling boil.
8. Break and drop eggs next to each other into the boiling liquid. Do not mix.
9. Turn stove to low heat, cover and cook between 8-10 minutes according to your preference. Do not disturb eggs.
10. Garnish with Cilantro Leaves and serve.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to manage your kitchen in times of crisis, emergency cooking, smart grocery shopping, cooking with pantry staples, how not to hoard food, easy egg drop curry recipe, Indian recipes, simple recipes for college students, bachelor recipes, smart strategies during a pandemic situation.