Watch this fun video where we tried something considering the situation.
Sometimes you have so many different vegetables in your refrigerator, and yet none of them are enough for any one dish….and that’s when this comes on the table in our home! And yes, my family knows that. A little of this and a little of that can sometimes make a magical dish and taste as good as a take-out. It’s perfect as a side dish or you can do what we do, take a bowl full and make it a meal. Enjoy this gorgeous makeover of leftovers.
Scroll down for detailed video.
Oil – 2 Tablespoons
Minced Ginger – 1 Tablespoon
Minced Garlic – 1 Tablespoon
Onion – 1, small
Broccoli Florets – 1 cup
Bok Choy Bulbs – 2
Roasted & Salted Peanuts – 1/2 cup
Jalapeno – sliced, optional
Red Pepper – 1/2
Yellow Pepper – 1/2
Orange Pepper – 1/2
Baby Bella Mushrooms – 8 oz.
Soy Sauce – 2 Tablespoon
White Vinegar – 1 Tablespoon
Water/Stock – 1 Tablespoon
Hot Sauce – 1 Tablespoon
Cornstarch – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
Sesame Oil – drizzle
Sesame Seeds – 1/2 Tablespoon
Prep all your Vegetables.
1. Cut Broccoli into florets and transfer to a bowl, add 1/2 tsp of Salt and Boiling Water.
2. Allow Broccoli to sit for 2 minutes, drain and rinse with Cold Water to stop the cooking. Keep aside.
3. Cut the Onion to cubes and separate them.
4. Cut the bok Choy/Bok Choi/Pok Choi horizontally. The leafy portion, thicker and the stems, thinner.
5. Slice Jalapeños.
6. Cut and Cube colored Peppers.
7. Clean the Mushrooms. Trim the stems and cut them into cubes.
8. Mince Ginger and Garlic and keep aside.
Mix the Sauces.
1. In a bowl, mix Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Water (1 Tablespoon), Hot Sauce and Cornstarch.
2. Mix well and keep aside.
On to the Stove.
1. In a large wok style pan, heat a neutral Oil of your choice on high heat.
2. Once Oil is hot, add in the Ginger and Garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
3. Add in the Onions. Cook for another 30 seconds.
4. Add in the Mushrooms and Jalapeños and cook for a minute.
5. Add in the Peanuts. (If the peanuts are raw, add them Ginger and Garlic).
6. Add in the Peppers and Broccoli and cook for 30 seconds.
7. Add in Bok Choy, Black Pepper and Salt (Keep in mind that Soy Sauce has salt as well).
8. Mix and cook till the Bok Choy Leaves wilt.
9. Mix the Sauces and add into the pan. Cook for a minute.
10. Turn the flame off and drizzle a dash of Sesame Oil and sprinkle the Sesame Seeds.
11. Serve with some Fried Rice.
1. Lots of different vegetables can be used, like carrots, zucchini, eggplant, snap peas, spring onions and many more.
2. You can add in different proteins, like Tofu or Paneer (at the end) or Chicken or Beef or Pork or Shrimp or Fish (after Ginger & Garlic)
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make a simple chinese vegetable stir fry, chinese take out food, indo chinese food, vegan chinese recipe, vegetarian recipes, take out at home, easy and healthy chinese food,