Butter Paneer (lovingly known as Panir Makhani) is not only a very well known dish, but is absolutely scrumptious and can have you salivating just by thinking about it. Try out this recipe in all it’s rich glory, or if you prefer a healthier version, you can use some of our fat and calorie fighting tips. Enjoy!
Paneer – 14oz (approx. 1/2 kg)
Oil – 2 tsp.
Butter – 4 tbsp (50 gm)
Garlic Paste & Ginger Paste: 1.5 tsp each
Crushed Tomatoes – 1 cup
Paprika or Kashmiri Mirch – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup or to taste
Sugar (optional) – 1 tsp or to taste
Cilantro – to garnish
1. Cut panir to desired shape.
2. Heat a pan and add Oil and then Butter.
3. Once hot, add Ginger and Garlic paste & saute for 2 min.
4. Add in the Crushed Tomato.
5. Add the dry spices – Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Paprika, Red Chili Powder and the Salt.
6. Mix and cook till oil separates.
7. Add Paneer and mix gently.
8. Pour 1 cup water and simmer for 5 mins.
9. Lower heat and add Cream.
10. Allow it to come to another boil.
11. Add Sugar and mix well.
12. Garnish with Cilantro and serve hot.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make restaurant style paneer makhani, indian restaurant foods, keto style indian food, keto butter panir, easy butter paneer recipe