There are a lot of variations to Stuffed Peppers. Try this recipe for our version of Peanut Stuffed Peppers made with mild and flavorful Anaheim peppers. They are great appetizer or snack idea. Roll one up in a Chapati and enjoy it on the go!
Anaheim Peppers – 4 large (any mild pepper will work)
Roasted Peanuts – 1 cup, roughly crushed
Salt – to taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Oil – 1 Tbsp
1. Make a lengthwise slit in the peppers and remove the seeds.
2. In a bowl, mix together Crushed Peanuts, Salt, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Dry Mango Powder and Red Chili Powder.
3. Generously fill Peppers with the peanut mixture.
4. Lightly coat outside of peppers with a little oil (using pastry brush or hands).
5. Place Peppers in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 3 minutes. Check the peppers and turn if necessary. Microwave for additional 2 minutes (or more as necessary – peppers should wilt a little but still hold their shape).
6. Heat little Oil in a flat skillet. Place peppers on the skillet to brown them. Flip the peppers and brown other side also. Some peanuts may spill out – it’s ok.
7. Remove from skillet and serve hot or at room temperature.
Tip: Buy similar size peppers so they cook evenly.
0 thoughts on “Stuffed Peppers – Indian Appetizer Recipe”
Instead of cooking the chillies in the microwave, can i cook it in the oven?
We have not tried it but I suppose you could. You may want to cover the baking tray with foil so they don’t dry out.
Cool recipes from all over the world. Create meals that will wow your friends and family over? Donâ€™t reinvent the wheel, make proper use of it!
hey anuja, hetal
Thanks for showing us such a spicy recipe. Can we use small jalapeno insted of big one.
Yes, if you’re up for a little more spice, then you can definitely use Jalapenos. The bigger peppers tend to be milder.
Wow, what a clever idea instead of slitting. Will definitely try it next time. Thanks!
U can poke some holes using needle or something sharp…when trying out to cut the stem portion and stuffing the mix in it.
Also you can add a bit of oil to the mixture…it tastes better.
Instead of Sliting it in the middle, cut it near the stem portion in round shape, and with the help of a small spoon try to take out seeds. Then we can easily stuff it, without fear of stufing coming out.
Try these chillies by stuffing grated carrot, salt and pepper powder. When cooked squeeze some lemon juice. It taste great.
show some veg healthy foods
Great recipe…was out of ideas… will try this and zair for my next party for my book club.