We are ready for the holidays, how about you? Whether you are expecting a house full of guests or enjoying time with your loved ones, Paneer Pinwheels will put a smile on everyone’s face. With a perfect balance of flavorful filling covered with a light and flaky crust, this delicious appetizer recipe can be made fresh or ahead of time and reheated. Have a safe and fun filled Thanksgiving from ShowMeTheCurry.com!
Puff Pastry Sheets – 1 pkg (1 pkg has 2 sheets)
For the filling:
Paneer – 7 oz, crumbled
Oil – 1 tbsp
Turmeric (Haldi) Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin (Jeera) Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Amchoor (Dry Mango Powder) – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Cilantro – to taste, chopped
1. Pull out a package of Puff Pastry Sheets to defrost on the counter for 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, work on the filling. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Crumble the Paneer in a bowl by hand or using a food-processor (pulse button).
4. Add in the dry spices – Turmeric, Red Chili Powder, Cumin Powder, Chat Masala, Dry Mango Powder & Salt.
5. Mix well and add the chopped Cilantro and mix again.
6. Heat Oil in a skillet.
7. Heat the Paneer in the skillet for about a minute or so.
8. Take off the flame and transfer into another bowl so it cools down faster and is easy to handle.
9. Meanwhile, dust a flat surface with some All-Purpose Flour and open the sheet of Puff Pastry on it.
10. Dust a little more Flour on top of the Sheet and roll out the sheet a little.
11. Divide the filling and spread them on the 2 sheets.
12. Roll the sheet gently into a roll as tightly as possible while being gentle.
13. Once you reach the edge, dab a little water and gentle but firmly press the edge in.
14. Roll the roll over and gently pinch the edges together.
15. With a sharp knife, cut rounds and place them on a greased tray.
16. Place them in the oven for about 15 minutes and pull them out once you see them turning brown.
17. Once out of the oven, allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring them.
18. Enjoy warm.