Are you looking for a healthy snack idea that you can munch on that is not popcorn, peanuts or chips? Crispy, Crunchy Chickpeas (or garbanzo beans in some circles) definitely fit the bill. With the slightest amount of oil, the fiber rich chickpeas, coated with a blend of savory spices, can be a surprisingly satisfying snack. This easy make ahead recipe will definitely be your next go-to indulgence.
Scroll down for detailed video recipe.
Cooked Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) – 1 cup, rinsed and patted dry
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Masala (Spice) Mixture
Black Salt – 1/8 tsp
Citric Acid – 1/8 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Salt – 1/4 tsp or to taste
Grind all above ingredients to a fine powder.
1. Coat Chickpeas with Oil and Salt.
2. Arrange Chickpeas in a single layer on a parchment lined baking tray.
3. Bake in 350 F preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, until crisp.
4. Remove Chickpeas into a bowl and sprinkle spice mixture while tossing. Continue to toss until well coated.
5. Allow Chickpeas to cool before storing in a vented container at room temperature.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make crispy crunchy chickpeas, spiced garbanzo beans, healthy snack recipes, alternative to popcorn, crispy chana, masala chana, chana chor garam