Submitted by: Vaishali
1 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tbsp Butter
1 Carrot chopped roughly
1 tsp Fresh or dried herbs – thyme, basil
3 cloves Garlic chopped
1/2 Onion chopped
1 Red Capsicum (bell pepper) chopped
2 Tomato chopped
2 tbsp Tomato puree
1 Yellow Capsicum (bell pepper) chopped
1 Zuccini (Italian squash) chopped
You may use any combination of veggies.
1. Heat butter in a pan.
2. When it melts saute the onions till translucent. Do not over cook.
3. Add garlic and saute.
4. Add all the chopped vegetables, some salt to taste, tomato puree and cook covered for 5 mins. You may sprinkle a little water if you wish. Cook on medium flame. The vegetables do not have to cook completely.
5. Cool a little and blend into a fine paste in a blender. Now filter it through a soup strainer. (Even if you dont strain the soup it is fine. Make sure it is blended very well. It will be a lot more healthier).
6. Add 1 Cup water and return to a boil. Alter the quantity of water to suit the thickness/consistency of the soup to your liking.
7. Simmer for 5 mins. Add pepper powder and herbs.
8. Add some finely shredded mozarella cheese as garnish and serve hot!
ShowMeTheCurry Notes: Vaishali, this sounds excellent and definitely very healthy. Thanks.
6 thoughts on “Healthy Vegetable Soup”
WOOWW amazing recipe thanks for sharing with us this delicious recipe keep sharing with us
Hi Hetal, Anju
This is simply superb….
Specially for Homemaker like us, who can share their Cooking Talent with others.
I want to Share my Recipes but I don’t find “Subit Recipe” here, can you please guide me.
You can send your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. If possible, please provide exact measurements for the ingredients. Thanks!
i tried it and tasty very tasty… i also added beans and corn and other veggies for a tastier and haltier recipe. thax for posting sarita 🙂
Hi. Thnx for the nice recipe. Just one question- will straining the soup not affect its nutritional value, specially the fibre content? I’ve the same concern while making juice. Plz advise.
This is a viewer submitted recipe but she does mention that you can have the soup without straining it. Some people prefer a smooth texture but it will definitely be healthier if you keep all the fiber from the veggies.