It’s time for a healthy twist to the famous Bhel Puri that we all love so much. Sprouted mung beans provide a nutritious and protein rich base for this snack or no-fuss lunch. Make this easy sprouted mung bhel recipe ahead of time for picnics, parties or for road-trips and you can be rest assured that your stomach and your heart will be satisfied.
Soaking and Sprouting Time: 2 days
Prep Time: 10 min
Whole Green Mung – 1 cup, washed, soaked and sprouted
Onions – 1/4 medium, chopped fine
Tomatoes – 1 medium, chopped fine
Cilantro – 10 sprigs, chopped fine
Green Chillies – to taste, chopped fine
Lemon or Lime Juice – 1/2 or to taste
Cilantro or Mint Chutney – to taste
Tamarind Chutney – to taste
Salt – to taste
Chaat Masala – to taste
Sev – for garnish
1. Check out our video on “How-to Sprout Beans”.
2. In a bowl mix all of the above except the Sev.
3. Mix well and serve.
4. Garnish individually each bowl with Sev as a garnish right before eating.
1. To make it healthier – skip the Sev, it tastes great even without it.
2. Don’t enjoy the rawness of the sprouts – saute with little oil, steam or microwave just a bit.
3. Video on How To Sprout Beans – Click Here
4. Video on Tamarind Chutney – Click Here
5. Video on Mint Chutney – Click Here
6. Video on Coriander Chutney – Click Here