Looking for a quick and tasty shrimp recipe? Try Pudina or “mint” Shrimp. With a few ingredients, little prep time and many cooking options, you can impress your family and friends with this flavorful appetizer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus minimum 10 minutes marination time
Cook Time: 2 minutes on each side
Shrimp (Prawns) – approx 10 ounces (about 15 20/25 grade shrimp)
Mint Leaves – handful
Garlic – 5 large cloves
Ginger – 2 inch piece
Green Chilies – to taste
Oil – 1/2 Tbsp
Lemon/Lime Juice – 1 Tbsp or to taste
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
For garnishing: Lime wedges and mint leaves
1. Defrost, wash, devein and pat dry Shrimp.
2. Add remaining ingredients into a blender or spice grinder and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Coat Shrimp with ground mixture and marinate for minimum of 10 minutes in the refrigerator (can marinate up to overnight for added flavor).
4. Cooking options: (a) Cook 2 minutes on each side on a hot skillet lightly coated with oil (b) Broil in the oven (2 min each side) by arranging shrimp on a baking tray that is foil lined and lightly coated with oil (c) Grill shrimp on an indoor grill like George Foreman
5. Skewer shrimp with bamboo skewers soaked in water for presentation.
6. Squeeze fresh lime juice before serving. Serve hot.