For those who are addicted to Chinese food and can truly understand the statement ‘I am dying for some Chinese…’, we have this awesome Vegetable Fried Rice that you can make at home and treat those cravings. Eat at home, eat healthy and save some money! Enjoy.
Prep Time: 30 min (including making rice)
Cook Time: 15 min.
Long Grain Rice – 1 cup
Vegetable Broth or Water – 2 cups
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
Egg – 1, well beaten
Carrot – 1/2, cut thin at a diagonal
Bell Pepper – 1/2, sliced thin
Cabbage – 1 cup loosely packed, cut thin
Soy Sauce – 1 Tbsp or to taste
White Vinegar – 1 tsp or to taste
Chinese Stir-fry (or chili) Sauce – any variety, to taste
Spring Onions – 1 stalk, cut at a diagonal
1. Wash and rinse the rice.
2. Add the Stock or Water and a little bit of Salt and add to pressure cooker.
3. Give it one whistle and turn off the stove.
4. Allow the pressure to release by itself.
5. Open and fluff gently with a fork. Allow them to cool down.
6. In a wok, heat Oil.
7. Once warm, add in Garlic, cook for about 1-2 mins.
8. Add in the Carrots and cook for 30 sec.
9. Add in Bell Pepper and Cabbage and cook for a minute.
10. Pull the Vegetable to one side of the wok and break the egg on the other.
11. Stir the Egg and scramble it till cooked.
12. Mix in with the vegetables.
13. Cook Vegetables till they are soft.
14. Add in the Cooked Rice and mix well.
15. Add in the Soy Sauce, White Vinegar and the Chilli Sauce or the Stir-fry sauce.
16. Mix well but gently.
17. Heat till the rice is heated all the way through.
18. Garnish with Spring Onions.
1. Use Jasmine Rice for authentic taste.
2. Add your choice of non-vegetarian. Add in after the garlic, cook till done and then add in the vegetables.
3. Add in more variety of vegetables like snow peas, mushrooms, baby corn…endless possibilities.