Tomato Rice is a South Indian dish but due to it’s attractive look and the wonderful taste, it has won everyone’s heart. Enjoy this dish with yogurt, pickle and papad…..mmmm! So colorful, simple and easy to make, you’ve just got to give this a try.
Tomato Chutney – see recipe
Rice – 1 cup, see recipe
Salt – to taste
Fresh Cilantro – 4-5 sprigs, finely chopped, for garnishing
- Wash and soak the rice, use the same method of making Perfect Basmati rice.
- Once the Rice is cooked and the water drained out, spread it out and allow it to cool.
- Make the Tomato Chutney as in the recipe.
- Mix well together, but gently to avoid mashing up the rice.
- Test for Salt and mix well.
- Garnish with Cilantro and Enjoy!
- Serves 4.
- If you do not like the tomato skin, you can puree the tomatoes for this dish and it tastes just as good.
0 thoughts on “Tomato Rice”
Hi Hetal & Anuja
Thank you so much for uploading the recipes,Im a beginner, this helps me n gives me idea of how to prepare dishes.
I have tried to cook, by watching the video…
Its really wonderful experience.
Thank you both.
Hi Hetal & Anuja, thank you for this wonderful website. This was the type I was looking for, for ages. It was such a relief when at last I found the type of recipes I was hunting for a long time. All your recipes are easy to make and because of the videos, it is such a help. Thank you both for starting this website. May God bless you abundantly and may many be blessed through this website.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us Mrs. Joseph. Welcome to the SMTC family.
I have tried making several rice dishes and even tried tomato rice but it just doesnt come right,The rice gets too soft.
I am a beginner in cooking
The trick to making “flavored” rice (where the rice is cooked separately and then mixed with other ingredients), is to make the rice ahead of time, fluff it up, and let it cool. This way, the grains do not mush up while mixing.
hello hetal i love the curry com
santa at petrol pump:”Bhai 1 rs ka petorl pa de:..SALESMAN:-Ena tail pwa ke kithe jaana? Santa-joona -joona kite nai,Asi ta edan hi paise fookinde ne….. i miss u
very good recipes