Zucchini is a wonderful vegetable from the squash family that is perfect for people on a diet. It is low in calories, high in water content and a great stomach filler. Try this quick and easy stir fry recipe that takes just minutes to prepare.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 minutes
Zucchini – 1 lb, chopped thin
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Whole Dry Red Chilies – to taste
Asofoetida – pinch
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Lime Juice – 1 Tbsp or to taste
Cilantro – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
1. Heat Oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
2. Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
3. Add Whole Dry Red Chilies, Asofoetida, Curry Leaves and Green Chilies. Stir.
4. Add Salt and Lime Juice and stir.
5. Quickly add Zucchini and toss to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Switch off stove and mix in Cilantro Leaves.
7. Remove Zucchini in another bowl to prevent over cooking.
8. Serve hot or cold as a salad of vegetable side dish.