We did our first ever YouTube LIVE session. We were very nervous but once we got started, everything fell into place. We had a blast, so much so that we actually went over the time we had allotted – who knew! In case you missed it, scroll down for the live video and recipe tutorial. We’d love to get your feedback.
Highlights in this video:
- Brussel Sprouts in Airfryer Recipe
- New SMTC logo reveal
…And lots more.
Join us next time when we have another informal chat.
We just love Brussels Sprouts. They look like baby cabbages…so cute! Though not a very common vegetable for Indian cuisine, they really pick up our spices well. Try this super easy and super fast recipe using an Air Fryer. You will be amazed how quickly the Brussels Sprouts cook and how nicely they crisp up.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-6 minutes
Brussel Sprouts – 1 lb
Oil – 2 Tablespoons
Cumin Powder (Jeera) – 1/2 Tablespoon
Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – 1/4 teaspoon
Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1 teaspoon
Pickle Masala – 1/2 Tablespoon
Salt – to taste (keep in mind there is Salt in the Pickle Masala)
1. Wash and cut the Brussel Sprouts to quarters or sixths, depending on the size of the Brussel Sprouts.
2. Transfer to a large enough mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the oil well so there are no dry spots on the Brussel Sprouts.
4. Preheat the Airfryer for a couple of minutes.
5. Add in the spices – Salt, Pickle Masala, Dry Mango Powder, Cumin Powder & Turmeric Powder.
6. Mix well.
7. Transfer into the pre-heated Air Fryer set at 370 degrees F and cook for 3 minutes.
8. Give it a toss and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until desired tenderness.
1. Add in the loose leaves at the halfway cooking point so they don’t burn.
2. If you don’t mind using additional oil for cooking, add all the dry spices in the oil to make a marinade. Then toss the Brussels Sprouts in and coat completely.
3. If you don’t have Pickle Masala or don’t like it, feel free to use any premixed masala blend you have such as Pav Bhaji Masala or Chana/Chole Masala.