Chicken Pasanda is a traditionally North Indian meat dish whose name is derived from an Urdu word meaning “favorite”. Though the name sounds like it would be complicated to make at home, watch this video and learn how easy it is to cook this flavorful recipe. Make it for your family or make it for a crowd. You’ll have everyone licking their fingers!
Prep Time: 6 hours (including marination)
Cook Time: 30 min
Skinless Chicken – 2lb (approx 1kg)
Vinegar – 1.5 Tbsp
Yogurt – 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Paprika/Degi Mirch – 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Ginger Paste – 1.5 Tbsp
Garlic Paste – 2 Tbsp
Crushed Tomatoes – 1.5 cups
Water – as needed for desired consistency
Fried Onions – 1 cup, crushed
Cilantro – for garnish
1. Poke holes in the chicken and and mix White Vinegar into it.
2. Mix well and set aside for 15-20 min.
3. Mix the following with the chicken: Yogurt, Salt, Red Chili Powder, Paprika and Garam Masala.
4. Mix well, set aside and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or better still, overnight.
5. In a flat bottomed pan, heat the Oil.
6. Add in the Ginger and Garlic and lower the heat, allow them to get a little color.
7. Add in the Crushed Tomatoes and let the moisture evaporate.
8. Cover and cook till the Oil separates from the Tomatoes.
9. Once the Oil separates, add in the Chicken.
10. Mix well and add in some water if needed.
11. Mix again and cover and allow it to cook 3/4th of the way.
12. Crush the Fried Onions and add them to the Chicken.
13. Mix again and cover and cook till the Chicken is cooked all the way through.
14. Once done, garnish with Cilantro and it’s ready to serve.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
What is chicken pasanda, how to make chicken pasanda recipe, easy chicken curry recipes, north indian style chicken recipes, low carb indian food.