Try a steaming bowl of Jalapeno Soup to warm up the coldest of days. Don’t worry if the weather is not cold. This easy to make soup made with flavorful Jalapeno Peppers is delicious anyway.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Jalapeno Peppers – 2 or to taste, sliced
Oil – 1/2 Tbsp
Garlic – 2 cloves
Onion – 1/2 medium, chopped
Green Bell Pepper – 1/2, chopped
Tomato – 1/2 medium, chopped
Cilantro (Coriander) – 5 sprigs
Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Sour Cream – to taste
Heavy Whipping Cream – to taste, for garnishing
Broth/Stock (any variety) – 14oz can
1. Heat Oil in a medium skillet on medium heat.
2. Add Garlic, Onion and saute for 30 seconds.
3. Add in Bell Pepper, Tomato, Jalapeno Peppers, Cilantro and Cumin Powder. Cook for approx 3 minutes until tomatoes soften.
4. Transfer vegetables to a blender, add a little Broth/Stock to help in grinding to a smooth paste.
5. Transfer mixture into a small pot and add remaining Broth/Stock.
6. Add Salt and allow soup to come to a boil and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add Sour Cream to achieve desired consistency. (Tip – add a little hot soup to the sour cream to dissolve it before adding to the pot)
8. Add Heavy Whipping Cream to achieve desired richness.
9. Allow soup to come to a boil once again and switch off stove.
10. Serve hot.