For all the pickle-lovers out there….this one is for you!! This ‘Pickled Jalapenos’ recipe is quick to make and can spruce up any meal. Also, try adding a couple of pieces to sandwiches or rolls to get that extra kick that we so desire at times.
Jalapenos – 3 cups, sliced nacho style
Salt – 1.5 tbsp
Turmeric – 1.5 tsp
Asafoetida – 3 pinches
Lemon Juice – 6 tbsp
White Distilled Vinegar – 1.5 tbsp
Vegetable Oil – 3 tsp
- Wash the Jalapenos and slice them nacho-style.
- Put the Jalapenos in a clean, dry jar.
- Add the Salt, Turmeric and Asafoetida and mix well.
- Keep aside for 4-6 hours and let the spices seep into the
- Next add the Lemon Juice, Vinegar and Oil.
- Cap the jar and give it a really good mix.
- Keep aside for a day but don’t forget to keep mixing the
pickle every once in a while.
- After a day, it is ready to eat. Store in the refrigerator after
- You can use Jalapeno peppers if you don’t want it to be spicy but
go for the Serrano peppers if you do.
Watch and learn…