Everyone can use a little more fiber in their diets but fiber doesn’t have to be thick and yucky. Meet fiber in the form of a delicious Oat Bran Muffin! Just one of these healthy muffins is a great way to start your morning as well as get your daily dose of fiber. Try this yummy recipe today!
Oat Bran – 2 1/2 cups
Baking Soda – 2 tsp
Walnuts – 1/2 cup, chopped
Milk – 1 cup
Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Eggs – 2 large
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup (1/4 cup if you are watching your sugar)
Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla – 1 tsp
Ripe Bananas – 2, mashed
1. In a bowl, whisk together Milk, Oil, Eggs, Yogurt, Brown Sugar, Salt, Cinnamon Powder and Vanilla.
2. Mix in mashed Bananas.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together Oat Bran, Walnuts, and Baking Soda.
4. Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well.
5. Pour batter into a muffin tray coated with oil.
6. Bake for approximately 20 – 22 minutes at 350 F (180 C) or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin.
Note: Oat Bran Muffins don’t rise as much as regular muffins so you can fill the muffin tray all the way to the top.