The simplicity of this dish and the wholesome flavor of the potatoes is just a beautiful combination. Potato Stew is a dish that kids take to very easily. It goes great with Rice, Appams, Idli or Dosa. Enjoy this great dish from the State of Kerala!
Prep time:20 min (including boiling potato)
Cook time: 15 mins
Serves: – 4
Potatoes – 2, med. boiled & peeled
Water – 13 oz (same amount as the coconut milk)
Onion – 1/4 med., sliced
Green Chillies – to taste
Salt – to taste
Ginger – 1/2 tbsp, grated
Coconut Milk – 13.5 oz can
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Coconut Oil – 1/2 tbsp
1. In a pan, add in the Water, Lighty mashed Potatoes, Salt, Onions and the Green Chillies.
2. Heat the pan on medium heat, covered and bring to boil.
3. Once it has come to a boil, uncover and add in the ginger and the Coconut Milk.
4. Mix well and allow it to come to another boil.
5. After that add in the Curry Leaves, drizzle the Coconut Oil.
6. Cover and let it rest of a couple of minutes. This allows the aroma and the flavor to seep in.
7. Optional – Sprinkle Black Pepper at the time of serving.