Amazing way to add extra proteins into you diet. The pickle masala gives it a wonderful kick and great flavor and these Parathas don’t need any kind of accompaniment with it – just roll and go. We are constantly asked about parathas and rotis to make for lunch boxes and tiffins for school and lunch that will stay soft for a long time, well, here is the perfect answer. We thank Archana for sharing this great recipe with us. Enjoy!
Prep Time:45 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Serves:10-12 parathas (approximately)
Silken Tofu – 7 oz (200g)
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Salt – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp (to taste)
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) – pinch
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Cilantro/Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup, chopped
Mango Pickle Masala – to taste
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Chapati Flour – 1 1/2 cups (250g)
Oil – for pan frying
1. Drain the liquid from the Tofu and put in a bowl.
2. Mash well with hands.
3. Add in Green Chillies, Red Chili Powder, Asafoetida, Cumin Powder, Salt, Pickle Masala, Oil, Cilantro.
4. Mix well.
5. Add in Chapati Flour, little at a time and make a nice soft dough.
6. Smear a couple of drops of Oil on the dough and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
7. Heat a tawa on medium heat.
8. Make portions of the dough and roll out the parathas.
9. Place the paratha on the hot tawa and allow it to cook till you see bubbles form.
10. Smear a little Oil and flip.
11. Press gently and let the paratha puff up.
12. Smear a little Oil on this side as well.
13. Flip the paratha again and allow it to cook all the way through.
14. It is ready to eat, serve immediately or store in an insulated container.
Check our Website : https://showmethecurry.com/
Check our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/showmethecurry
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to incorporate tofu in indian food, soy tofu parathas and rotis, tofu rotis,