Personally, I have never been a big fan of Gobi primarily because it’s just not appealing to me flavor wise or color wise but since it’s a family favorite, I am constantly looking for ways to make it more fun and geared to my taste. I love the ease of this dish and honestly, I love the fact that this recipe gives bland, boring Cauliflower (Gobi) a face lift and takes it up quite a few levels to where I have started to enjoy it as well. If you ask me, I’d put it in the Chaat category because it’s so full of unexpected flavors. I do serve it with some chutney sometimes and it’s just amazing . Try this delicious recipe for Tawa Gobi — the quick and easy answer to cauliflower with a kick!
Ingredients: (all ingredients are to taste)
Cauliflower – cut to bite size florets
Oil – for coating cauliflower and for pan searing
Red Chili Powder
Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
Onion – optional, sliced
Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) for garnishing
1. Rinse Cauliflower florets with water and lightly salt them in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Cover and microwave cauliflower until half-cooked (approx 3 minutes).
3. Drizzle a little oil on the cauliflower.
4. Sprinkle Red Chili Powder and additional salt if required.
5. Drizzle Oil in a non-stick skillet and caramelize the cauliflower – lightly pressing it as you cook.
6. Drizzle a little oil in the skillet and caramelize the onion slices – adding salt to them at the end.
7. Arrange the onions on a plate and top with cauliflower pieces.
8. Sprinkle Dry Mango Powder, Red Chili Powder and Chat Masala to taste.
9. Garnish with Cilantro (coriander leaves).
10. Serve hot.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
Easy Cauliflower recipe, chat pata gobi recipe, yummy cauliflower recipe, keto gobi recipe, low carb recipe