Submitted by: Sandhya
2 Egg Whites,
Cilantro finely chopped,
1 tsp ginger garlic paste,
lemon juice of 1 lemon,
Tilapia fish fillets – 2,
1 medium onion finely chopped, (optional… if you choose to use it, it gives nice crunch)
1 tsp garam masala,
1 green chilli finely chopped,
3/4th cup seasoned bread crumbs,
salt -to taste
chilli powder – to taste
1. Heat a flat skillet and cook the fillets. No need to add oil.
2. Once the fillets are cooked thoroughly, take them from the skillet and mash them with a fork.
3. Beat the egg whites well.
4. Add lemon juice, cilantro, ginger garlic paste, salt (careful when adding salt b’cos bread crumbs might have salt added to it), chilli powder, finely chopped green chillies, finely chopped onions, cooked and mashed fish fillets (any fish fillets can be used. I just happened to use Tilapia and we liked and ever since I use Tilapia fillets) and bread crumbs.
5. Mix all thoroughly with fork/hand.
6. Make small to medium sized round patties. It would come out well if there are no chunks of fish. So it has to be mashed properly.
7. Heat a flat skillet, coat the skillet with some oil, and brown the patties on both sides.
8. Garnish with some cilantro. They can be used in burgers or with slaw salad.
0 thoughts on “Fish Cutlets”
Very nice recipe. healthy one too. my whole family loved it. i followed the recipe as it is except i put full eggs instead of egg white. thank you !!
Wonderful website! I made these cutlets with tuna fish tins and added a boiled potato and less breadcrumbs and egg ( I did not have enough) and they turned out awesome!!Thank you!!