Falooda goes into the Indian street food category – after all the spicy chaat, you’ve gotta have Falooda to end off on a satisfied note! This wonderful and good-looking drink/dessert is just a great surprise with the refreshing rose flavor and the healthy Basil Seeds – finally a dessert that is good for you! Enjoy.
Whole Milk (aka Full Cream) – 2 cups
Basil Seeds (Tukmaria) – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Ice Cream – 1/2 cup
Falooda Sev – handful
Rose Syrup – 5 tbsp
Sugar – 1 1/2 tbsp or to taste
Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder – 1 pinch
Pistachios – 1 tsp (corsely ground), for garnish
Vanilla Ice Cream – 2 scoops, for serving
- Soak the Basil Seeds (Tukmaria) in water for a minimum of 30 minutes, longer is better.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 cups of water in a pan; let it come to a boil.
- Add Falooda Sev and let it cook for 3 minutes. Take it off the flame.
- Also, heat the Milk and let it come to a boil. Take it off the flame.
- Add Cardamom Powder, Sugar and Rose Syrup. Mix.
- Strain the Falooda Sev and add it to the Milk.
- Allow the milk-mixture to chill in the refrigerator – approximately 3 hours.
- Strain the Basil seeds and add to the chilled Milk.
- At this time, also add the 1/2-cup of Vanilla Ice Cream and mix it in well.
- In a glass, add 1 scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream and then pour the Chilled Milk.
- Garnish with the coarsely ground pistachios and serve immediately.
- Serves 2.
- Like your desserts sweeter – just add extra rose syrup and sugar.
- Very kid-friendly recipe. They can make and eat it.
- If you are running short on time, you can use cold milk (without boiling). The flavor is slightly different.
- Health tip: Substitute Low Fat Milk and Low Fat Ice Cream.
Watch and learn…