Submitted by: Nirmala Rao
1 kg grated carrot
1/4 kg sugar
1/4 cup almond slivers (optional)
2 tsp cornflour or plain flour
a few drops red food colour
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1. Pressure cook carrot with almond slivers (saving 2 tsp for final garnish) without any water for 3-4 whistles and cool completely.
2. Remove lid and remove 1/2 cup of carrot juice. Add sugar and cook on low flame till sugar dissolves.
3. Stir in flour, cardamom and food colour with carrot juice without lumps and add to the carrot halwa.
4. Mix well for 3-4 minutes till a nice soft mass is formed.
5. Pour into a serving dish and garnish with almond slivers kept aside.
6. Serve hot or cold.