Coconut fan?…here is something for you – A quick and easy fix for your cravings. The best thing about it is that it has a long refrigerator shelf life. So, when that sweet craving hits you, you know in which direction to head.
Coconut – 4 cups (400 g), dry, finely shredded
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 14oz can (400 g)
Cardamom – ½ tsp, powdered
Butter or Ghee – ½ tsp
In a non-stick pan, on Medium heat, roast Coconut until you get a nice aroma. Do not brown.
Add in Sweetened Condensed Milk and Cardamom.
- Mix well and continue to cook and stir until the ingredients clump together (approximately 2 to 3 minutes).
- Turn off the heat
- Lightly smear bottom of a flat baking sheet with Butter or Ghee.
- Pour coconut mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares or diamond shapes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerating the Burfi makes it easier to cut.
- Burfi tastes the best at room temperature.