Amazing way to add extra proteins into you diet. The pickle masala gives it a wonderful kick and great flavor. We thank Archana for sharing this great recipe with us. Enjoy!
Serves:10-12 parathas (depending on size)
Silken Tofu – 7 oz (200g)
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Salt – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp (to taste)
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Asofoetida (Hing) – pinch
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Cilantro/Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup, chopped
Mango Pickle Masala – to taste
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Chapati Flour – 1 1/2 cups (250g)
Oil – for pan frying
1. Drain the liquid from the Tofu and put in a bowl.
2. Mash well with hands.
3. Add in Green Chillies, Red Chili Powder, Asafoetida, Cumin Powder, Salt, Pickle Masala, Oil, Cilantro.
4. Mix well.
5. Add in Chapati Flour, little at a time and make a nice soft dough.
6. Smear a couple of drops of Oil on the dough and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
7. Heat a tawa on medium heat.
8. Make portions of the dough and roll out the parathas.
9. Place the paratha on the hot tawa and allow it to cook till you see bubbles form.
10. Smear a little Oil and flip.
11. Press gently and let the paratha puff up.
12. Smear a little Oil on this side as well.
13. Flip the paratha again and allow it to cook all the way through.
14. It is ready to eat, serve immediately or store in an insulated container.