Submitted by: Vaishali
1 Cup whole green moong dal
1 green chilli
1 cm piece ginger
1/2 cup cilantro (coriander)
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
1. Onions finely chopped to add over the pancake (optional) and keep aside for later.
2. Soak green moong dal for about 5 hrs or best overnight.
3. Grind with all the ingredients to a smooth dosa like batter with some water.
4. Make dosas/pancakes and add some finely chopped onions over the pancake.
5. Once you see the other side golden brown, flip over carefully and cook for a couple of minutes on the other side as well.
6. Serve hot with chutney or chutney powder mixed with some sesame oil! Enjoy the healthy snack.
ShowMeTheCurry Notes: Thanks Vaishali, for this awesome and super healthy snack. We loved it. This dish is a close cousin to Adai, so you can check the video on that to see how the Dosa/Dosai is made. Another tip – put the chopped onions, it ads a wonderful crunch to the Pesarettu.
0 thoughts on “Pesarettu (Green Moong Dal Pancakes)”
I was wondering if we could the yellow moong dal for the same?
Thanks in advance
VERY NUTRITIOUS RECIPE THANKS
I love your website ..of all the Indian cooking websites..this is the best .
Keep it coming. Ever thought of a TV show;0)
Pesarettu vth Chutney and Sooji Upma is a Wonderful Combination.
This dish is known as UpmaPesarettu. A famous Dish in AndhraPradesh.
Try this Guys. I’m sure u love it.
Right, that is the beauty about Pesarettu and Adai. It can be made right away and no major pre-planning needed.
I just want to reconfirm that i don’t have to keep it to ferment like we do for dosa.After grinding i can make the pesarattu right away ,isn’t it?