You may have enjoyed Beetroots (aka red beet or beets) in salads but here’s your chance to make them a bigger part of your meal. With this simple recipe, you can enjoy Sweet and Sour Beetroot subzi that is packed with numerous health benefits, unique flavors and is just so very pleasing to look at – just perfect!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Beetroot – 1 lb (1/2 kg), peeled and diced
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – pinch
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Tamarind Concentrate – 2 tsp or to taste
Water – 1 cup, heated
Jaggery – 1 to 2 Tbsp (to taste)
1. Heat Oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
2. Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
3. Add Asafoetida, Curry Leaves and Green Chilies. Stir.
4. Add Beetroot and Salt and mix well.
5. Mix Tamarind Concentrate with hot water to dissolve.
6. Add Tamarind Water into the Beets. Mix well, cover and cook until tender.
7. Sprinkle Jaggery and mix well.
8. Serve hot with chapati or roti.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
Chakundar subzi, chakundar kee subjee, desi style beets, desi beetroots,