Homemade yogurt/dahi/curd is so simple to make that you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it before. Use organic milk to make organic yogurt. Try this recipe and you will agree that homemade yogurt has a delicious flavor that is very different from store bought ones, not to mention how much cheaper it is to make versus buying.
Whole Milk – 4 cups
Starter Yogurt – 1 heaping Tbsp
1. Bring Milk to a boil on the stove top or microwave. If you have a candy thermometer, bring milk to approx 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Allow Milk to cool to slightly warmer than luke warm (approx 115 degrees F on a candy thermometer).
3. Add Starter Yogurt to the Milk and blend together with a hand blender or whisk.
4. Transfer Milk to a container with a tight fitting lid.
5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees F and switch oven OFF.
6. Place container with milk into warm oven and set timer for 3 1/2 hours.
7. After 3 1/2 hours, remove yogurt from oven and store in refrigerator.
1. Starter yogurt can be from your previous batch or you can buy a small single serve Plain Yogurt from the grocery store.
2. Do not add starter yogurt into hot milk or yogurt bacteria will die and yogurt will not set.
3. If you prefer yogurt which is on the tart (sour) side, keep the yogurt in the warm oven for 5-6 hours. The longer you keep it outside, the more sour it becomes.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make homemade yogurt, can I make yogurt without a yogurt maker, save money by making dahi at home, organic yogurt.